Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation Bible School

This day brought for us the end of vacation bible school for the year. I had a couple of tired and sad boys! They enjoyed it so much (it was a science theme) and came home singing all the great songs they learned and reminiscing about the different things they got to do. I don't know why but the grand finale of VBS always chokes me up!!! All those kidlets singing and smiling, excited about the things they learned, some of them having asked Jesus to be their boss for the first time in their lives!!! It just reduces me to the bawling mother in the back row trying to croak out the songs with the rest of them! Sheesh!!!!!!

And it all leads me to ask, already....WHERE IS THIS SUMMER GOING????????

Soon swim lessons will begin, summer birthdays will fly past and the cool of autumn will be here before I can swat at a bee. As Hannah used to say, "Holy My Cow"!!!!!

No comments: