Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun Was Had by All

We had a lovely visit with my parents as well as my brother, his wife and their two sweet kiddos. We also got to enjoy a visit with some dear friends, and their precious little girl, from high school over the last couple of days. So, once again, I have foregone blogging for several days to live out the bloggable events in life!!!

Mom and the kids and I got to share a picnic lunch at Red Ridge Farms, one of my all-time favorite places to be! If you live in the Pacific Northwest, this is worth the drive. The lady who owns it could not be any nicer and the view is breath-taking!!! Here are a few pictures from our visit there:

Only HALF of the beautiful lavender field...


My pretty little Hannah-Girl...


My silly Kaleb-boy...

And my munchin' munchkin...




Three-fourths of the Fabulous Four...


Here is proof that the recent passion for mohawks has gone a little too far in my house (Sarah's stylist: Kaleb!):


Just a few more tidbits:
I was able to snag a copy of the book Nancy Campbell quotes in her study, "The Power of Motherhood", called "Quiet Talks on Home Ideals" off of Alibris. Copyright 1909, a terrific book thus far. Many thoughts from this book have caught my attention but this one, in particular: in regards to the secret of beauty, "The face always bears the impress of the spirit that reigns within". My children are subject to seeing my face more than anyone else, even more than Craig. What do they see there? If you would like to know of the spirit that REIGNS within me, you may ask my children, for they will be able to tell you better than any others. Is it anger, impatience, discontentment, selfishness, and pride? Or is it love and joy, peace, longsuffering and gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance (Galatians 5:22 & 23)? What am I shouting to the world, and more importantly to my dear little ones, about children and motherhood and serving God .... simply by the look on my face? Certainly something to think about.


I'm always on the look out for various inspiring sources regarding sewing, crafting, gardening and the such. I stumbled upon this blog, Homespun Living, and I'm really enjoying it. Just thought I'd share!


Have a blessed day and may the fruits of the Spirit reign in YOUR hearts so that your faces are truly a display of His beauty!!!!

2 comments:

Rebeca said...

Love the Mohawk! I've never been to Red Ridge Farms but it looks lovely and we'll have to check it out. And that is truly a great quote. Cuts to the heart of the matter. Thanks for sharing that. Rebeca

Leanne said...

You are a needed admonishment in my life, not that you're trying to admonish me, but by virtue of being your friend, your thoughts exhort and challenge me....sometimes too much!

LOL!

Your trip looks like it was fabulous...

Where did our good weather go?

Waaahhh!

Leanne