Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Apron Book

The Apron Book, by EllyAnne Geisel, was quite an enjoyable book. My dear momma gave it to me for Mother's Day and I scarfed it right up. It was very entertaining to read about the history of the apron and oh, how I loved perusing the pages of vintage fabrics and styles. You know, there is even an apron in this book that mothers used for scooping their babies out of their baths with? Clever, indeed! Included are a few patterns for making your own aprons. A fun read for the apron lover! I now have my eye on the author's other book: Apronisms: Pocket Wisdom for Everyday .

2 comments:

EllynAnne said...

Thank you for enjoying my beautiful book and reviewing it with such eloquence.

xxEllynAnne
Tie One On...an apron, of course!
www.apronmemories.com

Leanne said...

Wow, that gal is beautiful!!!

Speaking of an apron to wear while bathing baby, I bet you could come up with a terry cloth version, and I'd be your guinea pig!!! LOL!

I'm thinking about you this morning.....

Leanne