Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lessons on Pride

The kids and I have been studying pride lately, with the help of Doorposts' For Instruction in Righteousness. It has been so very good to see what God's word says about pride. Today, Noah made the very true observation that almost every sin can be tracked back to pride. He said that in fact, pride was the very thing that made Satan fall and he is, of course, right. Good stuff, I'm tellin' you!!! Anyway, occassionally, when you combine the Word of God and young minds, its a bit of an interesting mix. This morning was a perfect example. One of the verses we studied this morning was so very relevant to sibling squabbles and I really wanted to concentrate on that. Proverbs 28:25 says, "He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat." I asked the kids what this verse meant, really hoping for a light bulb moment. Instead, this is the answer I got from my Kaleb, asked with a wide-eyed wonder and surprise: "If you trust in the Lord, you will get fat????????" Oh, dear!!! I had some explaining to do!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

That is so cute!!! :)