Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gallivanting

I'm still here, just a bit winded from summer's fun! Sadly, I have no photographic proof of our gallivanting (as my mother would call it) due to forgetting to charge the battery in our camera!!!! Naughty, naughty event-recorder! I'll do better next time, okay? We enjoyed a lovely camping trip with some dear friends from our former church back in Newberg. The rain beat on our tents and campers during the night but was fairly kind during the day. Lots of bike riding, fort building and s'mores. As the others headed home, we continued on and camped two more nights at Fort Canby along the Washington coast. The boys really enjoyed exploring the military buildings left over from WWII. We also poked around Fort Colombia just south of Fort Canby, which was a preserved settlement with some military bunkers and such as well. Lots of great learning, all in the name of vacation! I love homeschooling! One of MY favorite parts of the trip was the couple camped near us whose Subaru had the "COEXIST" bumper sticker on it. Surely you've seen this bumper sticker, with all the religious symbols on it, including the cross. Ironically, I find that often the people who are most likely to have this bumper sticker on their cars are also the least likely to tolerate Christians and their conservative beliefs. But alas, I digress. What I really appreciated about this couple and their bumper sticker was that it reminded me to 'coexist' even when this man belched at a very shocking decibel every minute or two. Coexist, Ericka, coexist! I wonder what the religious symbol is for "burps like a sailor"?

No comments: