Monday, February 23, 2009

20,000

I have but a minute. However...
Word has it that women use about 20,000 words a day. How would our day as wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends be different if we managed our 20,000 words as if they were $20,000 instead? How would we invest them and spend them and save them if they were 20,000 dollar bills instead of 20,000 groups of letters pouring forth from our lips? For don't our words have the potential to have a greater impact on eternity than $20,000 ever could?

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Matthew 12:37,38
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Sure has me thinkin'!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling you'd post on this :) And it was 20,000 words for women (just need to add one more zero) while men use 7,000.

Thanks for using some of your 20,000 to be an encouragement to other people, both here on your blog and in mom's group :)

Emily said...

Thank you for this post. Using my words wisely is a struggle for me. PS: I have SO missed you not posting as much. Sigh....I will try to forgive you for being busy!

Mrs. S said...

Thanks, Britt! I questioned that even when I typed it out! That's a lot of words!

Bethany said...

Great Post! I love the analogy. It has me thinking too.