Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Whirlwind Days


Oh, its been a whirlwind of days. Camera-less days, at that. I have no proof that I've been doing what I've been doing so you'll just have to trust me!

Friday was spent enjoying a Civil War Reenactment provided by the NWCWC. It was a host of fun, though the very warm weather caused us to pity those in wool attire and ushered us sooner than we had planned to the comfort of our air conditioned vehicles. We are looking forward to attending another reenactment when the opportunity arises.

Saturday, not only did we get to enjoy the company of my sister-in-law and my adorable niece and charming nephews two, but also the city's annual 4th of July parade complete with too much candy! The rest of the day was spent slip-sliding (all 50 ft of it!!!), eating, chit-chatting and watching fireworks with 27 children and their parents. Tons of fun, I tell ya! Tons!!!

We continued to enjoy our visit with my sil and children through out the weekend, saying goodbye to them yesterday afternoon. Laundry beckoned, naps enticed, and quiet enveloped the busy-ness of us all.

Which takes us to the present, looking forward to celebrating in just a few days Sarah Grace's arrival into the world two years ago, visiting Craig's parents in Alaska, and soon an anniversary. And thus continues the whirlwind: a grand and blessed whirlwind!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where was the reenacment held? Did you know that this organization (the NCWC) is the same one that Noah and I reenact with? :) ha! I'm glad you had fun. How've you been feeling lately? Let me know if there's anything we can do for you! Love you!
~Miss Raquel