Saturday, November 28, 2009

Let the Christmas Season Begin!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Well...all depends on what I have on hand.
2. Real tree or artificial?
I will never, in my life, own an artificial tree. I'd forgo the Christmas tree before I'd go artificial. I know, not very "green" but that's just how it is!!!
3. When do you put up the tree?
As soon as we can convince the Scrooge (aka Craig) to let us!
4. When do you take the tree down?
As soon after Christmas as possible!
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes Sirree!!! But I cut mine with some milk, otherwise it's just too sweet. And I love Eggnog lattes!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
You know, I really have a terrible memory. Probably the only Christmas gift I remember receiveing as a child was my Cabbage Patch Doll, and I only remember that because I peeked on my mom's list and saw that I was getting it. She discovered my discovery and did not give it to me for Christmas. Lesson learned! I did get it for my January birthday, though, and have been very careful to avoid peeking at Christmas lists since!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, Craig's grandparents gave it to us soon after we were married. It's the highlight of our Christmas decorations.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Craig's dad, who has nearly everything:)
9. Easiest person to buy for?
It changes every year but this year, I think it's Noah. He just has so many interests this year! Makes it very fun!
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received?
Now I would be incriminating myself if I confessed!!!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I've given up on Christmas cards all together! In another season of life, I will return to this tradition but for now, neither!!!!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Honestly, the Charlie Brown Christmas just brings with it the coziest of feelings!!! Good thing I have children so I have a good excuse!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Veries every year! This year, we started at the end of October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas?
My grandma's Cranberry Salad (my Grandma now spends Christmas celebrating in Heaven with Jesus, but one of us still makes this salad) and Amy's warm artichoke dip (she says she gets it from Costco but she should really keep this a secret and I'd just go on thinking that she makes the best Artichoke dip in the world!!!!)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Either is fine with me, just so long as there are lights!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
"Christmas Canon Rock" and "Mary, Did You Know?"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We always travel, but thankfully not too far!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and....Rudolph!!!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We do both!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Um...I can't really think of anything that annoys me. However, my husband's list for annoying things about this time of yearis so long that it makes up for the lack of items on my list.
23. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented?
Those blue metal-ish trees, hands down!!! Sorry to those of you who have them. I'm sure they look lovely in YOUR home :).
24. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
Homey trees
25. Do you like Fruitcake?
About as much as I like Mincemeat Pie and Suet Pudding

No comments: